With spring weather finally starting to make it's appearance, I went on a nail frenzy (meaning I painted my nails three times over the past two weeks).
I was inspired by The Beauty Department's Gold Leaf manicure and would've done it, but being a first-year college student with lack of craft supplies, I made it work with my nail polish.
All you need are two of your favorite nail polishes. It's more fun if you choose contrasting colors (try color-blocking with pink and orange or blue and green!) or a metallic and a light polish.
- Use your favorite base coat before you paint your nails! Super important to keep your nails looking beautiful. Also, if you have a buffing block, buff your nails! If not, I suggest you get one because they are wonderful for smoothing and shaping your nails. Check out this one from Sephora.
- Choose the polish that will be your base and paint two coats.
- Take whatever color you choose to angle your nails with. On your left hand, the angles will be going from bottom left to top right. On your right, angles go from bottom right to top left.
- Angle your brush and just swipe it from the middle of the length of your nail to around the middle of the tip of your nail.
- Finish with a top coat and voila, the perfect angled manicure!
Enjoy your spring days with beautiful nails!
Incoming search terms:
- gold leaf manicure
- manicure the beauty department